Sunday, July 27, 2008

Publication Announcement

Yesterday at the "Gathering of Strangers" game convention, I had the chance to pitch one of my game designs to Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande Games and he accepted it for publication. There is no immediate time table for its release as the art work and other pre-publication work still needs to be done on it. Nevertheless, it is indeed an honor and I want to publicly thank Jay for his generosity. The name of the game is "The Heavens of Olympus" and I have submitted a short description of it to Board Game Geek. Once it's approved by the admins, I'll post a link to it here.

5 comments:

themothman421 said...

Once again, congratulations Mike! I am eagerly awaiting that description, because I've spoken with you about it in person but I want to know more! haha. I wish you the best of luck on the road to publication, and I hope it is a pleasant and rewarding one!

Jonathan Ellis said...

Congratulations! Please do post an update when it is live on BGG.

Mike Compton said...

Thanks guys. I'll post the link as soon as it's up.

Seth Jaffee said...

Nicely done! Congrats on having your game picked up. I'm curious to see what kind of game you've got there.

Jay saw Homesteaders at Gamestorm last March and requested a copy to test. His minions are still testing it as far as I know, and I've been anxiously awaiting word... it must feel great to get picked up on the spot!

Grudunza said...

Wow, that's terrific! Best of success for the game.